SoftBlock™ is a software-based forensic write-blocking tool. SoftBlock quickly identifies newly attached hardware devices and mounts the device with read-only or read-write permissions according to user preference. This forensic software is built to handle the needs of both large-scale digital forensic labs and individual forensic practitioners. SoftBlock allows forensic examiners to quickly and safely preview data contained on evidentiary devices before data is imported. SoftBlock is built to run on a forensic examiner’s analysis machine; no additional expensive or cumbersome hardware is needed.
- SoftBlock runs on OS X 10.9.5 – 10.13.3.
- SoftBlock handles as many hardware devices as a forensic analysis machine allows.
- Avoid purchasing expensive write-blocking hardware. SoftBlock blocks data transfer at the kernel-level.
- A true time-saver. Quickly and safely mount and preview multiple external devices.
- SoftBlock features an intuitive user interface. Once installed, SoftBlock runs in the background and is available for use on demand.