AEGIS PADLOCK – starting at $179 USD
Utilize the blazing speed of USB 3.0 with the security of 256-bit AES Hardware Encryption with the Aegis Padlock
With a software free design, secure PIN access, real-time 256-bit AES encryption and sporting USB interface, the ultra-fast Aegis Padlock is the ideal drive for those that require the ultimate in security and speed.
Need to secure your data on the go? The Aegis Padlock fuses hardware data protection with a speedy USB 3.0 connection. Featuring an easy-to-use keypad design and software free setup, the Aegis Padlock enables you to access the drive with your own unique pin.
Military Grade FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption
Your data is protected 24/7 with AES 256-bit hardware encryption. The Aegis Padlock seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive in real-time, keeping your data safe even if the hard drive is removed from its enclosure.
Ultra-fast USB interface – Data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps
With a super speed USB 3.0 interface, you can now access your files faster than ever before. The Aegis Padlock 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 ports.
Brute Force Self Destruct Feature
The Aegis Padlock uses a three-pronged approach to protect against a Brute Force attack. The first step is to deny access to the drive until the drive can verify the user’s PIN. After several incorrect attempts, the drive will lock itself, requiring the drive to be plugged in again to input a PIN. This feature blocks automated attempts to enter PIN numbers. Lastly, after a predetermined number of failed PIN entries, the Padlock assumes it is being attacked and will destroy the encryption key and lock itself, rendering the data useless and requiring a total reset to redeploy the drive.
Protection against hacker attempts doesn’t stop with Brute Force. Incorporated into the Aegis Padlock’s electronics is Apricorn’s Variable Time Circuit (VTC) technology, working to thwart “timing attacks” aimed at accessing the drive by studying the behavior and infiltrating the Padlock’s electronics.
Software Free Design – Setup takes just minutes
With no software installation required for setup or operation and the ability to run on any platform, the Aegis Padlock provides stress-free deployment in corporate environments. Its Administrator Feature allows enrollment of up to ten unique user ID’s and one administrator, making it a useful business collaboration tool.
Wear Resistant Key Pad
Designed with protection in mind, the entire Aegis Padlock family incorporates ‘wear resistant’ keypads to hide key usage and avoid tipping off a potential hacker to the commonly used keys.
Data at Rest Protection
All data, PINs, and encryption keys are always encrypted while at rest.
Compact, Rugged Design – Perfect for taking your data on the road
The Padlock’s low powered design is perfect for using with notebooks and taking your data on the road. Bus-powered and perfectly pocketable, the Padlock’s compact, robust design features a 16-point omni-directional shock mounting system, protecting the drive from drops and knocks.
- Offered with a hard disk drive (HDD) or with a solid state drive (SSD).
- Convenient ultra-portable design — Ideal to take between home and the office or on trips
- Hardware Encrypted Drive — Real-time 256-bit AES encryption seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive, protecting the drive even if it is removed from its casing
- Secure PIN Access
- Administrator Password feature — Ideal for IT departments looking to secure their mobile users, by allowing setup of administrator access to the drive before being distributed to their mobile user(s).
- Compatible with standard USB ports
- Bus powered — No AC Adapter required
- Extensive Shock Mounting — Protects your data with a 16-point omni-directional shock mounting system
- Perfect for companies dealing with sensitive information — The Aegis Padlock is the perfect option for companies that need to take sensitive information on the road, such as government or financial institutions
- Secure mobile storage for the road warrior — Excellent for transporting data between desktop and notebook computers, or a secure mobile storage system
|DRIVE SIZE||Base option: 1TB HDD
Alternative 1: 2TB HDD (+$40.00 USD)
Alternative 2: 480GB SSD (+$120.00 USD)
Alternative 3: 1TB SSD (+$320.00 USD)
Alternative 4: 2TB SSD (+$520.00 USD)
|SPECS||USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps)
AES 256-bit Encryption
|BOX CONTENTS||Aegis Padlock (HDD or SSD)
USB Power cable
USB Data cable
Quick Start Guide