*** The T9 is now discontinued and has been replaced with the TDA7-9 FireWire-PCIe Adapter. Information is left below for historical purposes.
The Tableau Forensic FireWire Bridge (T9) is a portable write-blocker that enables forensic acquisition of FireWire800 and FireWire400 storage devices.
Note: The T9 does not come with any accessories (cables) or power supply when purchased as a stand-alone item, and therefore you will need your own cables and power supply to use the device. For this reason, we also offer a kit version of the T9 that does include the corresponding power supply and cables. See below for kit content details.
- Suitable for both the field and lab
- Can be used to image Apple desktop and notebook computers when booted in “Target Disk Mode”
- Integrated, backlit LCD presents useful bridge and FireWire device information
- Six LEDs provide status on power, host connection, FireWire device detection, write-block status, and activity
- Read/write mode capability via internal DIP switch
- Free Tableau firmware updates
TK9 Kit contents:
- Tableau Forensic FireWire Bridge [T9]
- Tableau Power Supply [TP2]
- Tableau FireWire 800 9-pin to 9-pin Cable – 6′ [TC7-9-9]
- Tableau FireWire 4-Pin to 9-Pin Cable Adapter [TCA7-4-9]
- Tableau FireWire 6-Pin to 9-Pin Cable Adapter [TCA7-6-9] (x2)
- Tableau USB 2.0 A to Mini B Cable – 6′ [TC8]
- Rugged Write-Blocker Case, with Foam 
- T9 Quick Reference Guide
|Host side connector||
One 9-pin FireWire800 (1394B) connector
One USB Mini-B (5-pin, USB2.0 high/full/low speed)
DC Input: One 5-pin mini-DIN connector for use with the Tableau TP2 power supply.
|Device side connector||One 9-pin FireWire800 (1394B) connector|
|DIP Switch||The 4-position DIP switch configures user-selectable options that are not required for normal operation. See the Forensic Bridge DIP Switch Configuration Guide for more information|
|LCD||2 Row x 16 Column monochrome LCD character display with LED backlight|
|Buttons||Two buttons: “Menu” and “Enter” buttons for navigation|
|Status LEDs||Six LEDs: DC IN, Power, Host (detect), Device (detect), Write Block (enabled), Activity|
|Device compatibility||FireWire devices must conform to the Serial Bus Protocol (SBP-2) specification|
|Host OS Compatibility||
Microsoft Windows version 7, 8, 10
Macintosh OS X
Most modern Linux distributions
|Warranty||One year parts and workmanship from date of purchase|